All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Free speech web ring
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:26 pm 
Proponent

I have been trying to put a free speech web ring of sorts together for a while now. As I mentioned in my introduction thread, I searched for free speech forums, and found knot4prophet. There are several other websites that are similar in values to amkon and knot4prophet that I have found.

I registered on the hip forums, which banned me already; beer barrel, seems to be overrun with racists unfortunately; nonspecific babble forums, moderately active mostly chat forum; Totse.info, spinoff of the original TOTSE, an active community with lots of how-to guides among other things; and totse2, a less active TOTSE spinoff.

I also registered at and zoklet, but they have yet to approve my membership, and seem to censor quite a bit.

Anyway, would this community be interested in some sort of loose affiliation with other like-minded communities? Ideally I'd like to see some sort of third party website that links all of us.

Post subject: Re: Free speech web ring
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:08 am 
Good idea I reckon. I seem to have been over taken with a frenzy of forum posting as of late and I'm sick of being banned from places by shit stabbers. I'm looking at you blogwars, goregasm, stile project, bedhampton bowlplex, portsolent uci cinema, and almost every room in winmx. I demand free speech, and I want it now. Innit.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:00 am 

Good idea. Would suit me. I only ever go on forums these days.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:28 pm 
Proponent

What does the almighty knot say?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:23 pm 
Who gives a fuck?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:45 am 

^ That's what I was thinking.

Knots prodigious wisdom always comes out braggier and shoutier than what is actual reality, amkon. He can't even handle fucking tommyrot style stuff from me. Generally, he's lower than a snake's belly - certainly very keen on dodging arguments with people he's not too confident with. No mark chatroom hosts, taz, pantele, kayleigh etc are more his style. That's form for you. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:18 am 
Proponent

I thought he was the boss man around here, that's why I asked.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Aye, a webring of affiliated free speech forums sounds great, skunk. I have several domains and would gladly set up a subdomain on any of them for this purpose, or join any one that you set up.

I also checked through most of the list of "free speech" forums you mentioned on that thread of your site, but soon became discouraged at the lack of free speech in them once reading through their policies.

And yes, I am the one "in charge" here, if you can call letting people say whatever the fuck they want, "in charge" lol.

And allowing criticism from little upstarts like mosdef, whom I've even promoted to honourary (ie powerless) moderator, is testament to my true support of free speech. ;)

And mos, don't mistake my lack of interest in your petty, attention starved, somewhat obsessive infatuation with me as ducking your vacuous, jealousy induced rants - I just have better things to do than coddle you around my forum all the time.

But don't despair, the Knot will constrict you when I have some time, and my priorities sink low enough to bother. Lol.

Enjoy the forum, fellas.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:01 pm 
Proponent

Knot, they don't seem to be the purists, ie letting every post stand, that we are unfortunately. I have been enjoying posting on totse, but its not the same. They do temp ban, and give infractions. I don't believe in that kind of moderation, despite the fact I actually like most of the people there, and still contribute. I've been testing their limits, hope they don't ban me lol.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:02 pm 
Proponent

By the way, there was a mod/hack for phpbb3 that we used to have on amkon that would automatically redirect posters to the thread after they clicked submit instead of making them click that "view thread" screen.