All times are UTC - 5 hours

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 am 

This has all the hallmarks of Knot. You do nothing but embarrass yourself. This imitation goes on in the room all the time too and it's actually fucking horrible to be there because it's so cringeworthy, pathetic and awkward.

Sometimes I don't understand why Knot doesn't just tell you to fuck off, maybe he does and I'm not there to see it or maybe he's fucked up and gets off on it. You got anything to say on this matter, Knot? Surely you must see it.

Note: This topic was split from here since it was tangential to the original topic and deserves a topic of its own. Knot4Prophet

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Mos.Def wrote:
This has all the hallmarks of Knot. You do nothing but embarrass yourself. This imitation goes on in the room all the time too and it's actually fucking horrible to be there because it's so cringeworthy, pathetic and awkward.

Sometimes I don't understand why Knot doesn't just tell you to fuck off, maybe he does and I'm not there to see it or maybe he's fucked up and gets off on it. You got anything to say on this matter, Knot? Surely you must see it.

Says the dude wearing the name of a rapper. Lol.

Barrett and I have similarities that were apparent soon after I met him, such as his vociferocity, argumentativity and bombastic flair. While Barrett doesn't exhibit the finesse I do, I'm not sure he even wants to, so there are definite differences. And we do argue from time to time.

And yes, I have been a potent influence on Barrett since he was 16, which is not really surprising considering the amount of time we've spent chatting, arguing, and evolving over the past 6 years. I respect and admire the way he's handled social and philosophical challenges in his life, and he will always remain a good friend, someone on whom I test my arguments and confide in about my own life challenges.

And no, I don't "get off" on comparisons people make about my influence on others - but I fully expect them, because I do influence anyone I spend a fair amount of time with. :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:15 am 

Knot4Prophet wrote:
Mos.Def wrote:

Says the dude wearing the name of a rapper. Lol.

Barrett and I have similarities that were apparent soon after I met him, such as his vociferocity, argumentativity and bombastic flair. While Barrett doesn't exhibit the finesse I do, I'm not sure he even wants to, so there are definite differences. And we do argue from time to time.

And yes, I have been a potent influence on Barrett since he was 16, which is not really surprising considering the amount of time we've spent chatting, arguing, and evolving over the past 6 years. I respect and admire the way he's handled social and philosophical challenges in his life, and he will always remain a good friend, someone on whom I test my arguments and confide in about my own life challenges.

And no, I don't "get off" on comparisons people make about my influence on others - but I fully expect them, because I do influence anyone I spend a fair amount of time with. :)

Yeah, really fucking badass mate. Everything you do just perplexingly du jour. Stack it up against reality though and all the flair and finesse tapers like a signal flare.

The WinMX philosopher labouring his creations on shitty little .com writing communities and testing his "arguments" in a chatroom to a nightclub bouncer. You've never, nor ever will amount to anything special mate, so spare me the pompous bullshit.

For all that bravado and self-praise lies a very unexceptional person. That's the similarity you and he have.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Mos.Def wrote:
Yeah, really fucking badass mate. Everything you do just perplexingly du jour. Stack it up against reality though and all the flair and finesse tapers like a signal flare.

The WinMX philosopher labouring his creations on shitty little .com writing communities and testing his "arguments" in a chatroom to a nightclub bouncer. You've never, nor ever will amount to anything special mate, so spare me the pompous bullshit.

For all that bravado and self-praise lies a very unexceptional person. That's the similarity you and he have.

Not even sure what you're arguing against here "mate". Your lack of acuity with metaphorical analogies is embarrassing, Mos. Tapers like a signal flare? Lol. Yeah, everyone can identify with things tapering like a fucking signal flare. I think you've spent too much time immersed in rapper lyrics to know how to fabricate a quality metaphor. You're a fucking pretentious moron.

And your grasp of politics is about as firm as jello. Remember how you lauded Obama as the new saviour? Remember how you told this forum, and I quote:

Mos.Def wrote:
Obama has a new way of looking at the economy, he doesn’t think like the past. This isn’t an image he has created, it’s genuinely been his matrix from day one. Every half decent economist supports his policies from stiglitz to mcfadden, those guys are nobel winners. So, i reckon if there is ever a time for when policies will supersede the importance of image, that time is now.

Do you see how fucking ridiculous this idiotic nonsense you spouted two years ago sounds now? Check back on that thread and you'll see how I rightly predicted business as fucking usual in USA economic policy, and they've gotten just that. Punks like you open a newspaper or a textbook for the first time and think you're an expert on any of it. Such unmitigated fucking audacity.

I was nice not to expose your naivete on this political ranting you spouted a couple years back, but since you've taken it upon yourself to attack my character yet again, unprovoked, for no other reason than some meager attempt to bolster your own ineffectual, impotent, immature prose, I indulge in it now.

And let's not forget the past praises you've made about me and this forum, and my purpose at providing free speech in general. Your ambiguity and vacillations are the earmarks of an immature, petulant, prima donna.

So don't ever attempt to condescend to me when you're way down there, you ignorant little pissant. Maybe you can make up some rhymes to show how upset you are at me. Lol. There's a worthy endeavour for you, that you might actually have some nominal skill at.

Here's a site to help you out: http://www.rhymezone.com/ I hear it's where all the burgeoning rappers go to manufacture their clever lyrics, so they can make their uneducated, inaccurate, juvenile assessments on social culture. But hey, at least it rhymes, right? :)

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:02 pm 
Advocate

Knot4Prophet wrote:
Do you see how fucking ridiculous this idiotic nonsense you spouted two years ago sounds now? Check back on that thread and you'll see how I rightly predicted business as fucking usual in USA economic policy, and they've gotten just that. Punks like you open a newspaper or a textbook for the first time and think you're an expert on any of it. Such unmitigated fucking audacity.

I was nice not to expose your naivete on this political ranting you spouted a couple years back, but since you've taken it upon yourself to attack my character yet again, unprovoked, for no other reason than some meager attempt to bolster your own ineffectual, impotent, immature prose, I indulge in it now.

And let's not forget the past praises you've made about me and this forum, and my purpose at providing free speech in general. Your ambiguity and vacillations are the earmarks of an immature, petulant, prima donna.

So don't ever attempt to condescend to me when you're way down there, you ignorant little pissant. Maybe you can make up some rhymes to show how upset you are at me. Lol. There's a worthy endeavour for you, that you might actually have some nominal skill at.

Here's a site to help you out: http://www.rhymezone.com/ I hear it's where all the burgeoning rappers go to manufacture their clever lyrics, so they can make their uneducated, inaccurate, juvenile assessments on social culture. But hey, at least it rhymes, right? :)

I agree. All this rap tripe is played out, for sure. I much prefer your style of using 50 adjectives to describe something. It's rare that nonsense is idiotic, especially when ridiculous is fucking them both. That shit's just absurdly balderdash, baloney, bananas.

Fucking excellent post, by the way, BEAR999. These itemized chat logs with the hermeneutical running commentary, or scathing bombast—whichever way you want to read it—make my back parts feel all maudlin and cozy.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:58 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Odilon Redon wrote:
I agree. All this rap tripe is played out, for sure. I much prefer your style of using 50 adjectives to describe something. It's rare that nonsense is idiotic, especially when ridiculous is fucking them both. That shit's just absurdly balderdash, baloney, bananas.

Fucking excellent post, by the way, BEAR999. These itemized chat logs with the hermeneutical running commentary, or scathing bombast—whichever way you want to read it—make my back parts feel all maudlin and cozy.

Lmfao! So Odilon wades into the morass, and becomes more of an ass by doing so. Is this drivel truly yours, Ody, or has some moronic buffoon appropriated your login details and is now passing himself off as you?

Out of my entire several paragraphs, all you can possibly muster is an erroneous allegation of redundancy? Do you know what a "try-hard" is, Odious? Assuming by your lack of perspicuity eviDUNCEd by your pretentious bloviation above, I'll generously provide you with its definition:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=try-hard

Look and learn what you are, Oedipussy, and try hard to stop sucking on the teats of un-necessity with your misdirected, uneducated attempts at invention of an actual purpose other than trying to show up the Knot, lest it constrict you further.

And your ridiculous hyperbolic attempts at construing as redundant "fifty" words from three words of mine which don't even mean the same thing, from one of the many sentences I wrote, are proof of your idiocy and a clarion indication of your utter nonsensical abilities, borne more from some bitter, vengeful spite than any accurate literary analysis.

And your analogy using synonyms is patently absurd, because the three words of mine you attempted to harmonize into some sort of redundancy from my post, aren't synonymous.

Best you hop on up out of that armchair and do something more valuable with your time than paging through a thesaurus, O-duh-lon. You get an A for effort though, but a F for achievement, like try-hards always do.

Made for a hearty laugh though on my part. Thanks for that. Btw, how's that copycat "free speech" room going? Would you like me to drop in and lend you some credibility, relevance and intelligence to help get it off the ground? Such jealousy - how embarrASSing. Talk about redundancy!!

Lmfaoay.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:56 pm 
Advocate

Knot4Prophet wrote:
Lmfao! So Odilon wades into the morass, and becomes more of an ass by doing so. Is this drivel truly yours, Ody, or has some moronic buffoon appropriated your login details and is now passing himself off as you?

Out of my entire several paragraphs, all you can possibly muster is an erroneous allegation of redundancy? Do you know what a "try-hard" is, Odious? Assuming by your lack of perspicuity eviDUNCEd by your pretentious bloviation above, I'll generously provide you with its definition:

Look and learn what you are, Oedipussy, and try hard to stop sucking on the teats of un-necessity with your misdirected, uneducated attempts at invention of an actual purpose other than trying to show up the Knot, lest it constrict you further.

And your ridiculous hyperbolic attempts at construing as redundant "fifty" words from three words of mine which don't even mean the same thing, from one of the many sentences I wrote, are proof of your idiocy and a clarion indication of your utter nonsensical abilities, borne more from some bitter, vengeful spite than any accurate literary analysis.

And your analogy using synonyms is patently absurd, because the three words of mine you attempted to harmonize into some sort of redundancy from my post, aren't synonymous.

Best you hop on up out of that armchair and do something more valuable with your time than paging through a thesaurus, O-duh-lon. You get an A for effort though, but a F for achievement, like try-hards always do.

Made for a hearty laugh though on my part. Thanks for that. Btw, how's that copycat "free speech" room going? Would you like me to drop in and lend you some credibility, relevance and intelligence to help get it off the ground? Such jealousy - how embarrASSing. Talk about redundancy!!

Lmfaoay.

Since droning on incessantly seems to be your modus operandi, I’ll go at this piece by piece.

Quote:
Lmfao! So Odilon wades into the morass, and becomes more of an ass by doing so.

I see you've already made use of http://www.rhymezone.com/. Good for you.

Quote:
Is this drivel truly yours, Ody, or has some moronic buffoon appropriated your login details and is now passing himself off as you?

Should I add these to the list of adjectives?

Quote:
Out of my entire several paragraphs, all you can possibly muster is an erroneous allegation of redundancy?

I don't see what your problem is. I believe my comment extolled the more is better style.

Quote:
Do you know what a "try-hard" is, Odious? Assuming by your lack of perspicuity eviDUNCEd by your pretentious bloviation above, I'll generously provide you with its definition:

"Try-hard", hmm? Between urbandictionary and rhymezone, one can't help but wonder if you're one of those "burgeoning rappers", of which you speak so highly. But let's have a gander:

try-hard

A person who puts a large amount of effort into achieving a certain image, or counter-image, to the point where it is obviously contrived. Rather than achieving an image through genuine personality, the try-hard consciously attempts to fit a certain style through deliberate imitation, forced style, or scripted behavior. That is to say, he/she is trying hard to create an image.

Examples: An affluent, suburban dweller who makes great efforts to cover himself in tattoos and piercings; try-hard.
A person who wears certain items of clothing for the express intention of appearing "non-conformist", and flaunts it; try-hard.
Someone who purchases a motorcycle only to appear as a "bad-boy"; try-hard.
A person who shuns certain genres or styles of music or art simply because it does not fit his self-image, or the image he wants to portray; try-hard.

“A person who puts a large amount of effort into achieving a certain image, or counter-image, to the point where it is obviously contrived.”

Wow. Where have I seen this before?

Such sullen expressions. Is that the "right behind you" look you were going for?

Quote:

You seem to be doing a good job of constricting yourself. Do you really need my help?

Quote:

You're right, "fifty" was hyperbolic, but you seem to have missed something. I wasn't basing my assessment on three words. If that were the case, I wouldn't have quoted the rest of what you'd said. Let's take a look at other examples:
1. "ineffectual, impotent, immature prose"
2. "Your ambiguity and vacillations are the earmarks of an immature, petulant, prima donna."
3. "you ignorant little pissant"
4. "uneducated, inaccurate, juvenile assessments on social culture"
Beyond your posts in the forums, there's also the Hall of Debaiters section of this website, wherein you use numerous adjectives instead of short biographies to describe each individual. I fail to see how noticing this could be construed as 5. "bitter, vengeful spite". It's quite the opposite, actually. I have a great deal of respect for what you've got going on here. Supporting a forum for free speech out of your own pocket, whilst resisting the temptation to place ads everywhere. Don't think your good deeds have gone unnoticed, just because someone decides to point out a few idiosyncrasies.

Quote:

They aren't? Let's see, what were they again? "Ridiculous", "idiotic", and "nonsense", right?

ridiculous - incongruous; inviting ridicule
Synonyms: derisory, laughable, nonsensical, preposterous, ludicrous, idiotic, absurd, cockeyed

I'll just leave it at that.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:04 pm 

Knot4Prophet wrote:
Not even sure what you're arguing against here "mate". Your lack of acuity with metaphorical analogies is embarrassing, Mos. Tapers like a signal flare? Lol. Yeah, everyone can identify with things tapering like a fucking signal flare. I think you've spent too much time immersed in rapper lyrics to know how to fabricate a quality metaphor. You're a fucking pretentious moron.

And your grasp of politics is about as firm as jello. Remember how you lauded Obama as the new saviour? Remember how you told this forum, and I quote:

Mos.Def wrote:
Obama has a new way of looking at the economy, he doesn’t think like the past. This isn’t an image he has created, it’s genuinely been his matrix from day one. Every half decent economist supports his policies from stiglitz to mcfadden, those guys are nobel winners. So, i reckon if there is ever a time for when policies will supersede the importance of image, that time is now.

I’m arguing with a nescient fuckwit, a 40 year old who conspicuously bestows all kinds of laurels upon himself that are blatantly empty and false. Put a few hard facts in front of you and you’ve got fuck all to rebut them with. Elance and Writers-Network, zero jobs, zero earnings. Posting your mediocre articles in the essay section of your own fucking forum.

I’d love to see your response to a client who approached you asking for a track-record or any journalistic qualification to warrant him hiring your sorry ass.

Yeah and the “metaphorical analogies”. It was a rhetorical simile to be precise about it, matey. The use of “like” and comparing two dissimilar things should have been the giveaway. Do you even fucking appreciate the different types of metaphors and the many nomenclatures they can be assigned under? The part subjectivity, taste and context play in forming original figures of speech? Obviously not.

This trudging back to the year old threads, desperately trying to find material on me. Look from when the crises first erupted to now and you’ll see they’ve used an unprecedented range of initiatives to tackle things. There was an almost alphabet soup of new credit facilities that differed in terms of collateral used, the duration of the loan, which institutions were eligible to borrow, and the cost to the borrower. The Fed turned to a zero-interest-rate policy and carried out quantative easing by purchasing treasury bonds and the mortgage-backed-securities of Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae. Rather than fucking describing every measure, here’s a list:

TARP
Economic Stimulus Act of 2008
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
Cash for Clunkers
Additional Emergency UI benefits
Refinancing of mortgages, Hope for Homeowners
Expanded Mortgage Lending
Guarantee of U.S. banks’ debt
Guarantee of Citigroup debt
Guarantee of Bank of America debt
Transaction deposit accounts
Public-Private Investment Fund Guarantee
Bank Resolutions
Fed supplementary financing account
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Term auction credit
Primary credit
Secondary credit
Seasonal credit
Primary Dealer Credit Facility
Asset-Backed Commercial Paper Money Market Mutual Fund
AIG
AIG (for SPVs)
AIG (for ALICO, AIA)
Rescue of Bear Stearns
AIG-RMBS purchase program
AIG-CDO purchase program
Term Securities Lending Facility
Commercial Paper Funding Facility
TALF
Money Market Investor Funding Facility
Currency swap lines
Purchase of GSE debt and MBS
Guarantee of Citigroup assets
Guarantee of Bank of America assets
Purchase of long-term Treasuries

Its armchair guess men like you who have no fucking idea about the finer details of how the recession has been tackled. Drawing comparisons with the Great Depression and making simplistic, deceptive comments like this: The real root of this current financial crisis though isn't being addressed in the same way it wasn't addressed by government after the stockmarket crash in 1929

Responses have been markedly different. Read any fucking academic journal on the matter and it’s plaintitively set out for all. What is it? You just hear some stimulus being implemented on the news and think, ah it’s just business as usual. Let me break some salient points down for you, as you clearly don’t know what the fuck you are talking about:

1929-1933: Permitted money stock to collapse, serious inflation to occur
2007-2009: Money stock continued to grow, price level remained stable
1929-1933: Failed to see that (1) banks were reluctant to borrow for fear of banks runs (2) banks lacked the eligible collateral to borrow. Also they paid little attention to systemic risk.
2007-2009: Acted quickly to encourage banks to borrow e.g. discount window, loans, reduced primary credit rate, introduced TAF etc
1929-1933: Never made sufficient open market operations to prevent a collapse of the money stock or deflation nor lent significantly to distressed financial institutions.
2007-2009: Alleviated credit market strains by supplying liquidity to affected firms and markets
1929-1933: Wholesale recourse tariffs and quotas
2007-2009: Resisted protectionism much better this time around

A distinction is to be made here: Learning from the past, being informed by it NOT addressing it in the same way. Dipshit.

Past praise is the key word, you’ve gotten kudos from me for starting up the chatroom and it was very good in the old days but my thoughts on it now are well known to you. I actually think a man of your age still clinging on to it is a bit pathetic in all honesty. Maybe you’re using it as platform to find another internet bird like Lady Witch, I often see a bunch of dim-witted slags you’ve coerced from the likes of Married and Singles in there that could match her. Do keep evolving as a person though eh.

So don't ever attempt to condescend to me when you're way down there.

I’ll condescend you anytime I like, I find it quite simple if I’m honest. Also, I’m not way down there and I’m not way up there either. I’m a very modest, humble sort of person but will never shy away from knocking a twat like you down a peg or two.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Mos.Def wrote:
I’m arguing with a nescient fuckwit, a 40 year old who conspicuously bestows all kinds of laurels upon himself that are blatantly empty and false.

Which laurels do I heap upon myself aside from having the acuity to investigate any situation and filter out the salient points, within a limited and/or greater context? Have I even claimed that much? Well I am now, if I haven't. I've never pretended to be a political specialist, but I have an astute understanding and vast knowledge of history, spanning back decades of memory, and centuries and millennia of recorded history, not to fucking mention intimate understanding of the age and evolution of the earth, our solar system, and the galaxy and universe from which it was effected. Only the young have such audacity as to assume they know more than someone who's been exposed to life for well over a decade longer.

Regarding economics alone, I've studied Socialism as it evolved and was reinterpreted from, Marxism. I've studied Locke, Mill, Malthus, Smith, Marx, Keynes and touched on the contributions of a slew of others. I've studied economic theory, supply and demand, mercantilism, capitalism, socialism, democracy, republicanism, conservatism, libertarianism, anarchism, and a literal litany of other -isms. I've immersed myself at times in investigations of the evolution of currency from the earlier commodity money to the eventual fiat currencies, and I understand the impact of that evolution on value, inflation, money supply, currency exchange, money markets, stocks and bonds, mutual funds, hedges and puts, and the ever dangerous concentration of both money and political power.

Armed with understanding of these alone, gains me a keen insight on any discussion of economics, and coupled with the fact that I've been alive and immersed in the politics and economy for many years, and the fact that I am an intelligent, inquisitive, thinking person, puts me far ahead of most people on this or almost any subject to which I'm more than perfunctorily apprised.

Your unmitigated audacity speaks volumes about your actual intent in responding to any post of mine, and that intent is more from an impetus of emotion and ego, rather than any analytical assessment of anything I propounded. You spend more time attempting to insult my character, than discussing my actual argument. I on the other hand, will answer to every nuance that you've introduced, in my usual exhaustive method of address. The sheer volume of your post, and my tendency to address all angles of a person's post to me, makes it a daunting task to undertake, and while I do love writing, time is always a factor. The other posts I've recently made on this forum, took me less than ten minutes, and I've already spent more than that much on this one already, and I've only written the preamble. So, without further delay...

Mos.Def wrote:
Put a few hard facts in front of you and you’ve got fuck all to rebut them with. Elance and Writers-Network, zero jobs, zero earnings. Posting your mediocre articles in the essay section of your own fucking forum.

I have never said I was earning an income from writing, nor did I say I had focused my energies upon doing so, so this entire statement is fraudulent and inflammatory. Purely flamebaiting. Despite this fact, I have earned money from my writing abilities already, from a good mutual friend of ours, vampy, who contracted me to write for her a series of intensive management modules for her employment, because of my eloquently polished style and my clear and concise comprehension of any material to which I apply myself, resulting in writing with coherence, unity, and exhaustive attention to detail, as this very post is also an example.

Mos.Def wrote:
I’d love to see your response to a client who approached you asking for a track-record or any journalistic qualification to warrant him hiring your sorry ass.

See above. Vampy paid me handsomely for a project that took dozens of hours. Additionally, I've been editing other people's essays and writings for content, clarity, grammar, spelling, scope and general quality.

Mos.Def wrote:
Yeah and the “metaphorical analogies”. It was a rhetorical simile to be precise about it, matey. The use of “like” and comparing two dissimilar things should have been the giveaway. Do you even fucking appreciate the different types of metaphors and the many nomenclatures they can be assigned under? The part subjectivity, taste and context play in forming original figures of speech? Obviously not.

Lol. Again, I must cite the sheer unmitigated fucking gall of a young upstart as you, attempting to condescend to me yet again, over English terminology of which you have but an elementary grasp, compared to my commanding efficacy of not only English, but Francais aussi, mon ami audacieux. I learned the difference between similies and metaphors way back in year 9 of school, when I was 13. What you don't realize, is that a while a metaphor is not always a similie, a similie is always a metaphor. It's this sort of impudent, arrogant, ignorant tone that you exude which makes it frustrating to bother replying to your uneducated bullshit at all. But since I'm an altruist, indeed a fucking philanthropist, I endeavour here to teach you some high school English.

"The terms metaphor and simile are slung around as if they meant exactly the same thing. A simile is a metaphor, but not all metaphors are similes. Metaphor is the broader term. In a literary sense metaphor is a rhetorical device that transfers the sense or aspects of one word to another."

"Metaphor vs Simile: Metaphor and simile are often confused due to their similarities. But in fact, the two imply different aspects of language. Just to start with, we can say that a simile is a metaphor, but all metaphors are not similes."

Now that you understand that a similie IS a metaphor, instead of attempting to fucking school me in English, when it's patently obvious that my adeptness with English is not just far beyond your, but most people's level, perhaps you can attempt to ascertain how I employed "metaphorical analogy". What you claim as a "rhetorical similie" doesn't even exist, except in your pretentious bloviated perspective, as clicking that link to google results for "rhetorical similie" will show you.

Mos.Def wrote:
This trudging back to the year old threads, desperately trying to find material on me. Look from when the crises first erupted to now and you’ll see they’ve used an unprecedented range of initiatives to tackle things. There was an almost alphabet soup of new credit facilities that differed in terms of collateral used, the duration of the loan, which institutions were eligible to borrow, and the cost to the borrower. The Fed turned to a zero-interest-rate policy and carried out quantative easing by purchasing treasury bonds and the mortgage-backed-securities of Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae. Rather than fucking describing every measure, here’s a list:

I didn't "trudge back" (flawed analogy lacking necessary parallels) to years old threads attempting to find "material on you" - I merely remembered your general excitement with the new Obama administration and your youthful, optimistic, idealistic, but ultimately ignorant and uneducated understanding of macro-economics and global politics. All the measures you list below are either insignificant, temporary, ineffective, detrimental or at best, innocuous measures in addressing the real problems that need to be addressed to make a sustainable, ethical economy:

Mos.Def wrote:
TARP
Economic Stimulus Act of 2008
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
Cash for Clunkers
Additional Emergency UI benefits
Refinancing of mortgages, Hope for Homeowners
Expanded Mortgage Lending
Guarantee of U.S. banks’ debt
Guarantee of Citigroup debt
Guarantee of Bank of America debt
Transaction deposit accounts
Public-Private Investment Fund Guarantee
Bank Resolutions
Fed supplementary financing account
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Term auction credit
Primary credit
Secondary credit
Seasonal credit
Primary Dealer Credit Facility
Asset-Backed Commercial Paper Money Market Mutual Fund
AIG
AIG (for SPVs)
AIG (for ALICO, AIA)
Rescue of Bear Stearns
AIG-RMBS purchase program
AIG-CDO purchase program
Term Securities Lending Facility
Commercial Paper Funding Facility
TALF
Money Market Investor Funding Facility
Currency swap lines
Purchase of GSE debt and MBS
Guarantee of Citigroup assets
Guarantee of Bank of America assets
Purchase of long-term Treasuries

Mos.Def wrote:
Its armchair guess men like you who have no fucking idea about the finer details of how the recession has been tackled. Drawing comparisons with the Great Depression and making simplistic, deceptive comments like this: The real root of this current financial crisis though isn't being addressed in the same way it wasn't addressed by government after the stockmarket crash in 1929

Guess men? Lmfao. You have grossly underestimated me, yet again, which I expect from such arrogant (yet intelligent) youths as yourself, yet I grow weary of bothering to even attempt actual discussions with you, because your posts are too charged with invalid, inadequate, unnecessary ad hominem, and lack any actual substantive value towards the topic attempting to be addressed.

Mos.Def wrote:
Responses have been markedly different. Read any fucking academic journal on the matter and it’s plaintitively set out for all. What is it? You just hear some stimulus being implemented on the news and think, ah it’s just business as usual. Let me break some salient points down for you, as you clearly don’t know what the fuck you are talking about:

Mos.Def wrote:
1929-1933: Permitted money stock to collapse, serious inflation to occur
2007-2009: Money stock continued to grow, price level remained stable
1929-1933: Failed to see that (1) banks were reluctant to borrow for fear of banks runs (2) banks lacked the eligible collateral to borrow. Also they paid little attention to systemic risk.
2007-2009: Acted quickly to encourage banks to borrow e.g. discount window, loans, reduced primary credit rate, introduced TAF etc
1929-1933: Never made sufficient open market operations to prevent a collapse of the money stock or deflation nor lent significantly to distressed financial institutions.
2007-2009: Alleviated credit market strains by supplying liquidity to affected firms and markets
1929-1933: Wholesale recourse tariffs and quotas
2007-2009: Resisted protectionism much better this time around

Mos.Def wrote:
A distinction is to be made here: Learning from the past, being informed by it NOT addressing it in the same way. Dipshit.

What you are misunderstanding or misconstruing here, either by ignorance or design, even though you directly quoted me, is that I never implied that the measures that WERE applied in 1929, SHOULD be applied now. Read what I said, again:

The real root of this current financial crisis though isn't being addressed in the same way it wasn't addressed by government after the stockmarket crash in 1929.

Do you see that yet? I said the real root of that crisis, like the real root of THIS crisis, wasn't addressed in EITHER situation. I never said that the way the 1929 crash WAS addressed, is the way this crisis SHOULD be addressed. You are either being intentionally obtuse, or you're an idiot who can't read what's in front of your fucking face. The real root causes that I was referring to, that are common to both of these financial crises are lack of ethical control of money supply, lack of restriction on speculation, lack of restriction on leveraged buying of any kind, restrictions on monopolization and the very necessary reconsideration of the economy as a whole, a reinvestigation of what the actual "cost" of a product actually is, from cradle to grave, the impact on the environment of the economy and several other obvious (at least to me) or less obvious (to the ignorant) catalysts and causes of both crises.

Included with this should also be a re-evaluation of the role of government in human life - what the government should be responsible for, and what it doesn't necessarily need to be responsible for. Because as it stands, governments and economies are locked in an inexorable decline by reliance on dwindling natural resources, promotion of consumerism as laudable and viable (which it isn't), and the consistent application by politicos of an ultimately "business as usual" modus operandi, with nothing but platitudinous stop-gap, band-aid, ineffectual measures of addressing the real challenges that beset society. Not to mention the self-fulfilling profligacy of politicians in bed with the legal profession, symbolically and literally, blurring the distinction between the Judicial and Legislative branches of government. And by this collusion between lawyers and legislators, it creates a climate of self-reinforcement, where politicians, trained mainly in legal (and business) professions, in order to validate their existence, must continue to create, interpret and re-interpret the law, causing a fixation on specialization on the establishment and evolution of the law, paralyzing world economies with colossal waste of human energy.

One very simple example of how to make productive and significant progress, would be a a world currency finally again tied to a standard - not necessarily a gold standard, but there are many possibilities that have been considered by great minds, and remain untested. The waste of human enterprise on currency exchange markets alone, by promoting a single currency with an ACTUAL value tied to and ACTUAL physical object of calculable demand, would free up billions wasted in an act that has no intrinsic value in life whatsoever: currency exchanging. The floating dollar is a vehicle of massive inflation, and a comparison of the money supply post 1971, (when Nixon moved away from Bretton Woods - a system which even Keynes attempted to move to a "world currency unit" rather than the american dollar upon which it ended up) into a new era of runaway money supply, inflation and debt, with the GDP or GNP of western capitalist societies mapped against the money supply* and you will see a more rapid departure of the money supply, inflation and debt, not rising in step with the size of the economy. This too, is a slow, inexorable, unsustainable situation, because usury has become too ensconced and intrinsic to the economic climate.

The concentration of wealth has consistently been to the top 5% of people in the world, for literally millennia, regardless of which political, monetary or social system employed. This is the real root cause of the challenges to society: lack of economic equality and opportunity among each economic production component: humans.

Mos.Def wrote:
Past praise is the key word, you’ve gotten kudos from me for starting up the chatroom and it was very good in the old days but my thoughts on it now are well known to you. I actually think a man of your age still clinging on to it is a bit pathetic in all honesty. Maybe you’re using it as platform to find another internet bird like Lady Witch, I often see a bunch of dim-witted slags you’ve coerced from the likes of Married and Singles in there that could match her. Do keep evolving as a person though eh.

So don't ever attempt to condescend to me when you're way down there.

Mos.Def wrote:
I’ll condescend you anytime I like, I find it quite simple if I’m honest. Also, I’m not way down there and I’m not way up there either. I’m a very modest, humble sort of person but will never shy away from knocking a twat like you down a peg or two.

Yes, you can certainly condescend to me anytime you like, but if you want to maintain any sort of credibility and even honour, in any type of discussion, it is best to keep your pretension in check, or end up lacking any credibility whatsoever, and end up marginalized in discussions altogether.

Now perhaps you can begin to understand my apprehension, dismay and even disgust, with even bothering to address your petty, childish assertions encumbered with insupportable, irrational invective.

*Edited for clarity

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:42 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Odilon, I have formulated a response, in my head, to your post as well, but as you can see, my meticulous attention to detail cannot be easily afforded from my precious time, but I fully intend to address every point you raised, as I have here with mosdef's post. And I look forward to further engagements with all of you, as I love to discuss and debate.