All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: UFC on Fox 4 Predictions
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Some great fights on tomorrow on UFC on Fox 4, with possible light heavyweight contenders being generated to face the September winner of Jon Jones vs Dan Henderson.

Shogun Rua vs Brandon Vera

As much as I'd love to see Vera re-ignite his fledgling career and drop Rua with a head kick, I just can't see it happening. I expect a 2nd round KO/TKO by Rua, catapulting him back into title contention, along with the winner of...

Lyotoa Machida vs Ryan Bader

I predict Machida by unanimous decision after a grueling battle of attrition.

Joe Lauzon vs Jamie Varner

The former WEC standout Varner should win this match handily, likely TKO or submission in the 3rd.

Phil Davis vs Wagner Prado

I'm not even sure who the fuck Wagner Prado is, but a short perusal of his unbeaten MMA record doesn't impress me. Davis went unbeaten against top competitors until he was stopped by decision to Rashad Evans in his last bout. Davis will be trying to re-establish his dominance in the Light Heavyweight class, by beating upstart Prado, likey by judges decision.

No comment on the rest of the fights on that card. I'll post the results of these predictions tomorrow night, after UFC on Fox 4 is history.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

OK, Vera suprised us all and lasted until the 4th (TKO).

Davis vs Prado ended in NC from an eye poke.

Varner was edging out Lauzon all through their back and forth fight, until Lauzon caught him in a late submission.

Machida's fight against Ryan Bader was short-lived, but exciting. Machida looks at the top of his game, and knocked that Bader the fuck out! Machida is the only one to have beat Jon Jones in ANY round, and would have won their fight if he had've stuck to his usual gameplan of maintaining distance and waiting for good counterstrikes, rather than trying to wrestle Jones. We'll get another chance to see them fight, if Jones successfully defends his Light Heavyweight UFC belt in September, against Hendo (I expect Jones to win).