All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Knot commits suicide.
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:39 am 

Yeah, I posed as Tim aka Knot4Prophet and wrote a suicide note to Maani aka LadyWitch. And here it is.

By the way, I’m top Troll :D

To: thecauldronbrew@msn.com
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:35:55 -0500
Subject: Knot4Witch

Maani

I'm so sorry. When you're reading this I'm already gone.

I feel like an emotive criminal in a calloused world. I sit here trying desperately to pull feeling from my already damaged strings, though they seem to be unresponsive. From the years of wear that has crippled me with an apathetic tongue and a silent, eternally decaying mentality, I am now damaged and I am now faulty.

"I can't do this."

More and more it's a familiar cry to me. It's what I feel in my own horrible stifled heart.

I want you to know there was a time I could feel the temperature shift from broken to construction. The skies cracked open and showered a filth more pure than the one we’d grown used to. Like we sat and watched the rain explode against the warm pavement and wash everything away…everything but the two of us. For we were cemented in a universe of liquid — the only defined integrity that I’ve found was in that moment. You know, it’s because of you, that I had a chance to feel again. And that was more real to me than you will ever know.

For months I’ve asked myself.

Am I human? Am I breathing?
Will someone check my pulse and revive me? Do I need to be revived?

These moments can be beautiful or they can be ugly. It’s how you perceive the perception and accept the reality. For so long I’ve been a man clinging to the shore for safety of that which is shallow. Hopefully in whatever awaits me, I can be the depth. I can make up for things.

You gave me more than I thought I’d ever see.

Tim.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:42 am 

And now for the horrendous madness, shit exploding everywhere.

From: "The Cauldron Brew" <thecauldronbrew> Save Address Block Sender This Is Spam
To: <knot4prophet>
CC:
Subject: RE: Knot4Witch
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:44:32 +1300

Tim :(

I really did love you. In some ways I always will. I shouldn't have done that to you. I tried to be something I wasn't and that was the worst thing I could ever have done.

Don't do anything stupid. Be strong. Be the man I knew. Be the man I loved. Carry on with your life, for your kids. What we had was something that not even death can remove. What we had was something that I'll never forget. Tears roll down my face knowing what we had was something that no one else had and I completely fucked it up. Don't you dare give up.

I know you're going through some hard times right now. I know. Don't give up. Be strong.

With Love always

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:47 am 

A series of se7en other messaged flooded my inbox whilst I sat back laughing my head off.

From: "The Cauldron Brew" <thecauldronbrew> Save Address Block Sender This Is Spam
CC:
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 15:33:59 +1300

Tim :( Please live for me come back

CC:
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:25:36 +1300

Tim! fucking answer me :( you bastard. Don't you do this to me. please

I know I hurt you, and I'm sorry. Don't give up on your life, dont give up on your kids, don't give up on me! Don't be the thing you hated. You hated weakness, Tim. Be strong.

Fucking answer me!

CC:
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:44:16 +1300

Damn you, Tim. :( fuck! FUCKING ANSWER ME

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:50 am 

CC:
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 18:28:46 +1300

how could dyou do this to mee to those that fucking love you

CC:
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 20:55:57 +1300

what's wrong? why you doing this?

CC:
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:47:29 +1300

are you going to answer me?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:50 am 

Eventually I decided to point her in the direction of Knots msn address as I thought she was going to phone the police or some shit.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Lol. Imagine my surprise as I got on MSN last night and had a flurry of messages from her about my "suicide email". I even determined it was you, Mos, which I told her. I also told her you were the only one clever enough and with enough information about people on WinMx to pull it off.

Had she bothered to check the message source for that email and plainly see that the sender was "knot4prophet@mail.com" (not me) she'd never have gotten past the first line, with any suspension of disbelief.

Nevertheless, though you did pay some close attention to your spelling and grammar in this email of "mine" as well as your attempt at some degree of eloquence, sadly it falls quite short of my caliber of talent. I'll point out a few lines and how it's obvious that I'd never write such silliness.

Mos.Def wrote:
I feel like an emotive criminal in a calloused world.

This is a useless metaphor. An "emotive criminal in a calloused world"? Lol. If I do choose to apply a metaphor, it will always have more substance than this. The reason we use metaphors is to make something clearer, and saying that someone is an "emotive criminal" in a "calloused world" does not improve any clarity. Now if you could have related the callousness to my own numbness or something similar, this next metaphor of your may have had more force:

Mos.Def wrote:
I sit here trying desperately to pull feeling from my already damaged strings, though they seem to be unresponsive.

Perhaps this is some stunted attempt to sing the praises of my own apathy using a guitar metaphor (that's how to make a REAL metaphor...sing praises? lol) or some even more nebulous marionette juxtaposition, but at best it comes out strained and inadequate. Surely if I were epitomizing my own character at the final defining moment of my life, I would let my talent rise to a deafening crescendo of creativity. (Note the extended musical metaphor - lol).

Mos.Def wrote:
From the years of wear that has crippled me with an apathetic tongue and a silent, eternally decaying mentality, I am now damaged and I am now faulty.

Ha. This, among all the statements said, is the most glaringly erroneous, a cacophony of incredulity. Even at my most apathetic moments, I never question my own value - only others' ability to recognize my value. "Eternally decaying mentality"? Lmao! Just the opposite. I have never and would never describe my mentality as such, and no one, even on a dark day, has heard me deprecate myself as such.

This next paragraph of yours that I quote is rife with a mixed bag of ineffectual, uninspired, unrelated methaphors:

Mos.Def wrote:
I want you to know there was a time I could feel the temperature shift from broken to construction.

temperature shift ------> broken/construction.

This metaphor is weak on several fronts. First, while its good to apply disparate properties to elements that don't normally seem to have that property, when done cleverly, it can make for great metaphors. The problem here is in applying a "temperature shift" which is a gradual spectrum type of measure, to a "broken/construction" element. Broken/Construction is a two-state system. Temperature is a measure of degree. A more eloquent metaphor would apply temperature to a quantity that has discernible degrees of magnitude.

Additionally, I would never use alternate word forms in a parellism. I might say broken/constructed. I might say destruction/construction, but aye, I'd never say "broken/construction" in any parallelism merely because "broken" can only be used as a verb or an adjective, and "construction" is obviously a noun.

When I compare quantities, I always endeavour to link the quantities in as many ways as possible, to strenghthen the comparison. Comparing adjectives with nouns, such as you have done, leaves a reader feeling as though apples have been compared with oranges. Though the fruits of your labour were initially successful, Mos, a closer examination through the filter of what I might actually say, reveals the pedestrian attempt at portraying me.

Mos.Def wrote:
The skies cracked open and showered a filth more pure than the one we’d grown used to. Like we sat and watched the rain explode against the warm pavement and wash everything away…everything but the two of us. For we were cemented in a universe of liquid — the only defined integrity that I’ve found was in that moment.

This new sky/weather metaphor departs again from consistency, yet only shines light on the mourning of its own strangled ineptitude. Notice I took mirrored your own nature metaphor back at you - "shines light" and added my own... twist. This sort of metaphor that I used - "shines light on the mourning of its own strangled ineptitude" is why I tell people that no one can successfully imitate me.

The second sentence here, "Like we sat..." is a fragment, an incomplete sentence. I don't make those unless writing informally. And for effect. Like this. (lol)

The last line, "cemented in a universe of liquid..." is again strained and a poor juxtaposition. Was it the pavement "cement" on which the rain was on exploding that inadvertenly predisposed you to such lunacy? Lol.

Mos.Def wrote:
You know, it’s because of you, that I had a chance to feel again. And that was more real to me than you will ever know.

For months I’ve asked myself.

Am I human? Am I breathing?
Will someone check my pulse and revive me? Do I need to be revived?

If anyone can say it with words, I can. This is purely trite. I would never affix my name to such trivialities.

Mos.Def wrote:
These moments can be beautiful or they can be ugly.

Lol, this is almost childish in its quality. I shy away from common descriptive words like "beautiful" and "ugly" because words like this have become so overused as to become almost meaningless... like the word "nice". When you are rereading your writing, always look for these type of words creeping into your prose, undermining your clarity of expression.

Mos.Def wrote:
It’s how you perceive the perception and accept the reality.

Perceive the perception? Lol. Huge No-no. I might say "perceive the stimulus" or "interpret the perception" but I'd never, ever say "perceive the perception" - it's redundant, both thematically and homophonically.

Mos.Def wrote:
For so long I’ve been a man clinging to the shore for safety of that which is shallow. Hopefully in whatever awaits me, I can be the depth. I can make up for things.

This is is a convoluted, paradoxical metahpor, also with weak applicability to me or anything else. Why would I, who writes among the deepest, most piercing, compelling prose, characterize myself as clinging to shallowness? My very essence rails against shallowness. Anyone who knows me knows this.

Now, let's discuss the pyschology of your attempt and why it indicates erroneous implications.

The position of the email is that I wanted Witch back. I don't. It plays partly on the knowledge that I have been somewhat depressed lately and it's no secret that my mother recently passed away. But this depression, from your characterization of me, was borne out of some loss I felt in not being with Witch. If she had ended our relationship, this tack may have actually made sense. Alas, she did not and she and I both know this. I haven't been pining for her. We have both moved on with our lives. So the implication that my woes are due to some loss of her in my life confused her because she knows I've never held that position.

Now, she may have been predisposed to hoping that this was the case, that I'd been pining away for her, after I ended our relationship, but after some thinking, she'd have realized the incongruity.

So yeah, bravo Mos, at ensnaring Witch into your wicked web of wanton subversion, even though it was short-lived.

Knot4Prophet, frequently imitated, never duplicated. :)

And Top Troll for this? Ha. You'll have to invest far more effort and reap a wider and more profound reaction than this, to be under consideration for Top Troll. Lol.

Constrast antics like this with my destruction of the Vladd44 room, the Lesbian chat rooms and now the Heresy chat room, and you'll see what really makes a Top Troll.

Nonetheless, you show some real promise in your trollicity. Kudos.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:36 am 

Haha.

Fucking hell. That’s a whole load of theoretical linguistics right there. I hope you don’t unnecessarily appraise every gesticulation and facial expression of man too.

I tell you what, this systematic and critical appraisal of every modality of my message just seems totally fucking pointless and insubstantial.

We are talking about a suicide note wrote in the space of 5-10 minutes, the aim of which was to experience some gritty laughter. Yet, you’ve come out fighting probably ignoring those facts to defend/inflate your ego and in some instances belittle my intelligence in comparison to your own.

Maybe I’ve missed something here and this is just a bit of humour on display?

I mean, communication in this instance wasn’t requiring some master piece. It was just economical to produce a message that was most appropriate to the context and its intent/purpose. For instance, I knew LadyWitch wouldn’t be too well versed at spotting troll hallmarks, nor be especially clever, so, all I did was produce a quick hash up of some shit designed to display an emotional striptease from you. And what’s the most obvious approach to elicit a response? Make her feel responsible by playing on the theme that you wanted her back and this was the cause of your plight.

Actually, this is what she told me in one of her emails.

Quote:
I'll give you a little credit, in a very almost perfect version of Tim. Great Diction and Great spelling. It was the first thing I looked for. Tim never made spelling errors and his grammar and diction were perfect. So well done on that part.

Silly, foolish, childish? You’re worse than Barrett 'pigshit' Thompson. It’s easy to criticize and see errors in something once you’ve had some time to fully assess, methodically digest and whip out the old thesaurus.

Tell me where PanteleAz lives.

Top troll. me.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:18 am 

MosDuffus, I just have one question.

Who is LadyWitch and why should I care?

BTW, well done on the jape, suicide notes are always good for a laugh but yours takes the cake.

Also, you have far too much time on your hands. Make me the commander of an Apollo Mission and I will forgive you the MotorBicycle incident.

Never finish with a link. (are you reading this Sprinkles??)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:04 am 

Quote:
Who is LadyWitch and why should I care?

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=560821205

footprinting.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 am 

Where is Gnots bebo link on her site??
I know he is hiding it.

When are you and Gnot gonna have kids Mos?

So many questions, so little brain.

Link Me Sprinks.