All times are UTC - 5 hours

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

skunk.amkon wrote:
So what's the story with your board? What's its history?

This message board grew as an adjunct to the aforementioned free speech chat room on WinMx, noted above.

It began as an MSN group site forum, back in mid 2005, about a year after I opened the chat room. I began the board to help foster a community environment among the members of that free speech chat room (titled Christian Discussion & Debait - yes, Debait, originally, but later became more widely known by its secondary name, A ROOM FOR APOSTASY).

Also, I saw advantages to posting on forums that live chat in a chat room couldn't offer for debating and discussions, such as lack of interruption, ease of quoting, and more time to put into words, someone's thoughts.

Live free speech chat also has its advantages. For example, its easier, using a socratic style method (for example when arguing Christians over their logical support for their faith) in live chat, to push someone quickly into contradiction, to play upon their emotions and impulsivities. Also, the chaotic flow of free speech keeps an ambiance of unpredictability which can be both frustrating, and invigorating. I've often said, free speech cuts both ways (in that live chat room) because while it gives you the ability to speak your mind freely, it also exposes you to others speaking freely their minds, no matter how repugnant.

When the board was an MSN group (called Christian Casuistry), the restrictions placed on "adult" groups by MSN's rather vague and arbitrary definitions of "offensive" soon became an obstacle, and within a year, I just acquired my own domain, in order to free the forum from the shackles of central control by any authority (much like the chat room already was).

Since then I've widened the scope of this forum, and this website in general. We have a site gallery, and until recently, a subdomain devoted to WinMx. In the past year I've acquired several other domains, including a new WinMx site, Phrontistery.net, Casuistry.net, TheApostasy.org, and History of the Bible.net, all of which are in various stages of construction at this time. These other sites will soon narrow the scope of this website, Knot4Prophet.com, to focus more on only free speech and general anti-religiousness, with phrontistery to pick up philosophy, casuistry to deal with morality, the apostasy to provide a new cohesion for Apostates, rather than (perhaps too self-interestedly) associating apostates with the domain borne from my nickname on WinMx - Knot4Prophet. The WinMx site will be the most comprehensive WinMx site on the internet, and the History of the Bible website will attempt a disinterested presentation of the known history of the evolution of the bible, including examinations of all 3 abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

I'm glad you inquired, Skunk, as I've been asked about the history many times, and now I can just direct them to this post. Lol.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:02 am 
Proponent

Very cool. We just have a regular old chat room on our forums, no great story for our reasoning for it lol.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:59 am 
Greg and his Mum.