All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fuck it, I'm not voting
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Barack Obama waited just three days after Hillary Clinton pulled out of the race to declare, on CNBC, "Look. I am a pro-growth, free-market guy. I love the market."

Demonstrating that this is no mere spring fling, he has appointed 37-year-old Jason Furman to head his economic policy team. Furman is one of Wal-Mart's most prominent defenders, anointing the company a "progressive success story." On the campaign trail, Obama blasted Clinton for sitting on the Wal-Mart board and pledged, "I won't shop there." For Furman, however, it's Wal-Mart's critics who are the real threat: the "efforts to get Wal-Mart to raise its wages and benefits" are creating "collateral damage" that is "way too enormous and damaging to working people and the economy more broadly for me to sit by idly and sing 'Kum-Ba-Ya' in the interests of progressive harmony."

Obama's love of markets and his desire for "change" are not inherently incompatible. "The market has gotten out of balance," he says, and it most certainly has. Many trace this profound imbalance back to the ideas of Milton Friedman, who launched a counterrevolution against the New Deal from his perch at the University of Chicago economics department. And here there are more problems, because Obama--who taught law at the University of Chicago for a decade--is thoroughly embedded in the mind-set known as the Chicago School.

Oh, fuck it. What's the point? The only candidate that seemed decent enough, turns out to be another free market pawn. Either way we're in for more pro-corporate bullshit. So what's the point?

Boycott the elections!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:40 pm 
Advocate

I think you're wrong not to vote and wrong about Obama's principles. Take a look at this web site and then post me a response.

http://islamicdanger4u.blogspot.com/200 ... r-who.html

I think should Obama be elected; people will find he has as much disdain for self-absorbed democrats and well as republicans. I wouldnt be surprised if he became an independent like Bloomberg did in New York City. Face it, he had ran as an indepedent - in this country - he wouldn't have made it this far.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:32 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Actually I am going to vote for Obama. John McCain is much of the same, and honeslty he'd probably die in office and that MILF Sarah Palin will run the show.

However, I don't have much faith that Obama will "change" much.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Isn't Obama related to terrorists though? Like, his middle name is HUSSEIN, for christ sake. How he ever got on the ballot I'll never comprehend.

Silly Americunts.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:17 pm 
Advocate

It's so embarassing being the butt of jokes like yours around the world. However I didn't ask to be american. :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Canada just had a federal election yesterday, and it was the first federal election in which I didn't bother to vote - not because I recently realized that my one vote doesn't count - I always knew that. I didn't vote because I just don't give a fuck who is prime minister anymore. Lol.

That may sound apathetic and while I may be apathetic about who "leads" the country, I am not apathetic about the people here. I still affect other voters by discussing candidates, policies etc, so it's not like I am totally uninvolved.

But mostly, I just don't see things changing much. People will need a real crisis (with real loss of freedom) before any real change can happen. I'm in no rush. Life is pretty damn good, overall, for most of us.

And so while I don't bother to vote, myself, anymore, I don't recommend everyone do that - gives people something to waste their time on. Lol.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:45 pm 

JUST THAT