All times are UTC - 5 hours

Do you approve or dissaprove of Obama's choices thus far?
Approve 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dissaprove 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
I don't know/pay attention... to anything 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Same old shit
Unread postPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:51 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone else angry with the way Obama has been "running" his administration? How about him appointing the very same people (Larry Summers) who helped CAUSE our current financial crises to FIX it? Or even just his refusal to bring to trial the people who legalized and abated torture? Apparently, using the law to bring justice to those who violate it is "revenge," or a "witch hunt," as opposed to the denial of ANY due process of law the victims endured. Despite his calls for accountability and transparency, it's been the exact opposite.

This country needs to hurry up and collapse. It's like an old, dying, miserable, pathetic, LIMPING horse you can't bear to see in pain anymore... the best thing to do now is to just put it the fuck down and move on.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:04 am 

obama does have some pretty smart economists onboard, romer and harvard’s larry summers are the top dogs – its pretty dangerous to take a tour d’horizon of the academic debates as there are almost as many ways to recover as there are economists.

i don’t think it would be too healthy to lay out all deeds of the bush administration either."'the virulence of terrorism is directly linked to economic decline" - all the security officials fear the recession is having a destabilising effect that may boost al-qaeda, so, the last thing a strident US wants is more images of the shit they done, regardless if they’re being brought to book.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:04 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

What I am worried about is not their intelligence. I am worried that these very same people that pushed economic policies and ideologies that have, for the most part, been the root cause of much of the economic problems as of late, are being, again, placed in positions of power. If not power... great influence. To me, regardless of their supposed "intelligence," that seems incredibly foolish.

And what do you mean that it wouldn't be too healthy to lay out the deeds of the Bush administration? I thought the "virulence" of terrorism was directly liked to the POLICIES and ACTIONS of the U.S. in that region. So we shouldn't bring to light the actions that propelled us into this quagmire? Scrutinize them?

I don't give a rats ass what experience these people have in the market... and considering how the market has been doing the past decade, or longer, I wouldn't trust them.

Would you hire one of the CEO's of Enron to run your business? Yeah, they may have experience overseeing a company... but "conflict of interest" comes to mind.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:12 pm 

I don’t know if the people he has appointed have been the root cause of the failed economy. Some of them actually helped the US when Mexico and South Asia had their financial crisis. Experience like that has to be useful. I do know what you are saying tho – some things now trace back to Clinton’s economists and those are the ones Obama has been appointing.

...I mean, prosecuting people for the torture that went on will only make the US look bad and give them more headaches in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq. I kinda buy into the idea that its a new administration and things should just move on.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:15 pm 

errr, not prosecuting per say, rather just all the negative publicity and media frenzy with the true extent of the torture and whatnot.

Post subject: Re: Same old shit
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:33 pm 
Proponent

Obama is just like the last guy, who was just like the last guy, and so forth. They're all fucking corporate imperial bastards who don't give a fuck about this country or its people.