All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Office politics
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:35 pm 
Advocate

On a Friday afternoon I attended a meeting with my boss, a tech guy, some idiot, & the CFO. I have no idea what the idiot does or why he was there, but he spent the majority of the meeting loudly repeating what had already been stated & trying to figure out some very simple concepts.

When idiot finally shut up & we'd determined what was to be done (a report), the tech asked when CFO wanted it. The CFO asked, "Can you have it by 9 Monday morning?" As I stood up to leave, I said, "No."

When I was half way to the door, the tech said, "Is everybody free Sunday?" I turned & looked at the CFO... who was now staring at me. I asked, "Were you serious?!" He said, "Yes." The others started to babble about it being done within a week & got up to leave. On the way back, I told my boss 3 times that I was 'willing to come in Sunday, I just didn't realize he was serious... it's really no problem, I'll be there.' When I saw Lisa (a coworker), I told her about it. Her eyes got wide & she said, "Did you really say that to the CFO? No way!" In the future, I will assume the correct answer is "yes" or something agreeable.

The previous day, I broke several rules related to network security. Each offense was sufficient cause for termination. To my knowledge, no one has noticed yet. Hopefully, the other people at the company actually have work to do and won't have time to notice my indiscretions. I believe it would be unfair to fire me for two reasons: 1) if I had more work to do, I wouldn't be goofing off & breaking rules, and 2) if they didn't limit my network access then my actions would not have violated any rules.

Every single day, it astounds me that I am still employed.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:33 am 

ahh all that overtime put in under the CFO's desk is finally paying off.....

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:50 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Just because that's how things get done in Britain doesn't mean we all do it that way, Mr. Myopic. I'm sure Muppet has the freedom to fuck him after work instead, if she so chose.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:03 am 

typical Knot, this is why us Brits are famous for thinking things through, fucking the boss in work time means you get paid at the same tiime.......... :wink: